Last March, I was interviewed by Novartis on my thoughts and experiences of living with psoriasis. More than an hour of chatting has been whittled down to just over 3 minutes of video time (that poor, poor editor!) Nine months later, I can finally share this with you … and apart from lightening my hair colour (I was in my ‘grow-the-goddamned-fringe-out’ stage back then) nothing else has changed. Everything I say still holds true.
- I still believe that finding the right dermatologist is absolutely vital for the successful treatment of psoriasis.
- I still believe that doctors need to spend more time listening to their patients’ needs and concerns.
- I still believe that psoriasis patients must stop settling for mediocre treatment and need to be made aware of all the options open to them and all the research being done.
- I still believe that psoriasis patients need to be given hope. Always.
- I still believe that nobody should allow psoriasis to define them.
- I still believe that I will achieve clear skin (*whispers* getting there … definitely getting there!!)
- Oh! And I still believe you can’t beat a white jacket!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL x